- 1 What is the St. Jude Radiothon?
- 2 What does Marlo Thomas have to do with St. Jude?
- 3 What diseases are treated at St. Jude?
- 4 What does the St. Jude logo mean?
- 5 How much money does the CEO of St. Jude’s Hospital make?
- 6 What percentage of donations to St. Jude’s go to patients?
- 7 Is St. Jude’s really free?
- 8 What is the survival rate at St Judes hospital?
- 9 What color is St Judes?
What is the St. Jude Radiothon?
The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family’s ability to pay.
What does Marlo Thomas have to do with St. Jude?
Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Marlo proudly serves as National Outreach Director for St. Jude. She is the driving force behind countless fundraising and awareness efforts to educate the public about the lifesaving research and treatment being done every day at St. Jude.
What diseases are treated at St. Jude?
Diseases Treated at St. Jude
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APL)
- Adrenocortical Tumor.
- Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Alpha Thalassemia.
- Alveolar Soft Part Sarcoma.
- Aplastic Anemia.
What does the St. Jude logo mean?
Aside from being the patron saint of lost causes, St. Jude is a symbol of choosing faith when all seems lost. He is a testament to standing firm in religious truth in the face of an ever uncertain and challenging world.
How much money does the CEO of St. Jude’s Hospital make?
$ 958,886: Richard C Shadyac, CEO and Ex-Officio Director.
What percentage of donations to St. Jude’s go to patients?
Jude are proud that 82 cents of every dollar received has gone to support patients and research at St. Jude today and in the future.
Is St. Jude’s really free?
Jude shares all its discoveries freely with the world. All patients accepted for St. Jude treatment receive care whether or not they or their families can pay for it. Jude to pay for treatments, copayments, deductibles, coinsurance, and any other costs your insurance does not cover.
What is the survival rate at St Judes hospital?
St. Jude patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia have a 94 percent survival rate, the best worldwide outcomes for that disease. St. Jude was the first hospital in the U.S. to remove cranial irradiation from treatment for ALL while maintaining excellent survival rates.
What color is St Judes?
The official logo colors are red, black, white (used on black background) and dark gray.