- 1 Is treatment at St. Jude’s free?
- 2 How do you get referred to St. Jude?
- 3 What illnesses does St. Jude treat?
- 4 Is St. Jude’s a good charity?
- 5 How much does it cost to run St. Jude’s hospital for one day?
- 6 What all does St Judes do?
- 7 What percentage of donations go to St Jude’s Hospital?
- 8 What is the best charity for wounded veterans?
Is treatment at St. Jude’s free?
Jude Children’s Research Hospital, founded in 1962, is a pediatric treatment and research facility focused on children’s catastrophic diseases, particularly leukemia and other cancers. The hospital costs about US$2.8 million a day to run, but patients are not charged for their care.
How do you get referred to St. Jude?
You can contact the Physician / Patient Referral Office or St. Contact St. Jude
- Call: 1-888-226-4343 (toll-free) or 901-595-4055. After hours, please feel free to leave a voice mail and the call will be returned the next business day.
- Email: [email protected]
- Emergencies: page us at 1-800-349-4334.
What illnesses does St. Jude treat?
Diseases Treated at St. Jude
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APL)
- Adrenocortical Tumor.
- Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Alpha Thalassemia.
- Alveolar Soft Part Sarcoma.
- Aplastic Anemia.
Is St. Jude’s a good charity?
Jude charity rating and review. According to Charity Navigator, ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has a four-out-of-four star rating for our Overall Score and Rating.
How much does it cost to run St. Jude’s hospital for one day?
The daily operating cost of St. Jude is $2.2 million.
What all does St Judes do?
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, located in Memphis, Tennessee, is one of the world’s premier pediatric cancer research centers. Its mission is to find cures for children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases through research and treatment.
What percentage of donations go to St Jude’s Hospital?
ALSAC raises upward of $750 million every year. Operating the hospital costs about $1.7 million per day, and 81 cents of every dollar ALSAC collects goes toward research and treatment. David McKee, ALSAC’s chief operating officer, says that 74 percent of St. Jude’s budget comes from donations.
What is the best charity for wounded veterans?
10 Highly Rated Wounded Veteran Charities
- The Gary Sinise Foundation. Charity Navigator Rating: Four stars.
- Semper Fi Fund.
- Special Operations Warrior Foundation.
- Fisher House Foundation.
- Freedom Service Dogs of America.
- Air Warrior Courage Foundation.
- Operation Second Chance.
- Hope for the Warriors.