- 1 How do you get referred to St Jude?
- 2 Does St Jude really not charge?
- 3 What illnesses does St Jude treat?
- 4 Has St Jude found any cures?
- 5 How much does it cost to run St. Jude’s hospital for one day?
- 6 What does St Judes do to help?
- 7 What all does St Judes do?
- 8 What is the survival rate at St Judes Hospital?
How do you get referred to St Jude?
You can contact the Physician / Patient Referral Office or St. Contact St. Jude
- Call: 1-888-226-4343 (toll-free) or 901-595-4055. After hours, please feel free to leave a voice mail and the call will be returned the next business day.
- Email: [email protected]
- Emergencies: page us at 1-800-349-4334.
Does St Jude really not charge?
Jude Children’s Research Hospital, founded in 1962, is a pediatric treatment and research facility focused on children’s catastrophic diseases, particularly leukemia and other cancers. The hospital costs about US$2.8 million a day to run, but patients are not charged for their care.
What illnesses does St Jude treat?
Diseases Treated at St. Jude
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APL)
- Adrenocortical Tumor.
- Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Alpha Thalassemia.
- Alveolar Soft Part Sarcoma.
- Aplastic Anemia.
Has St Jude found any cures?
Jude has been built to find cures for the world’s toughest-to-treat childhood cancers by casting as wide a net as possible. Researchers on campus have also recently teamed up against another childhood brain tumor, ependymoma, and revealed unrecognized promise in an adult cancer drug called 5-fluorouracil (5-FU).
How much does it cost to run St. Jude’s hospital for one day?
The daily operating cost of St. Jude is $2.2 million.
What does St Judes do to help?
St. Jude treats children with cancer, blood disorders and related life-threatening diseases. We take many of the toughest cases. This often includes children who do not respond well to standard treatments.
What all does St Judes do?
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, located in Memphis, Tennessee, is one of the world’s premier pediatric cancer research centers. Its mission is to find cures for children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases through research and treatment.
What is the survival rate at St Judes Hospital?
St. Jude patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia have a 94 percent survival rate, the best worldwide outcomes for that disease. St. Jude was the first hospital in the U.S. to remove cranial irradiation from treatment for ALL while maintaining excellent survival rates.